5.27.2008

#1 Hit Ain't Good Enough

Thought of the day: the Paul Simon song "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" would be better if Simon had actually listed the fifty ways.

This is cute, but I feel that for thematic and rhythmic consistency the list should be restricted to monosyllabic men's names. Boding ill for the title, I project that I could only come up with thirty or forty of these suitable for use in very short rhyming couplets that don't repeat a rhyme (i.e., we've already got Stan, so no Dan or Bran or Flann or Jan or Ran or Van).

I'm also very happy to report that "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" was directly preceded as a #1 hit by "Love Rollercoaster" and directly followed by "Theme From S.W.A.T.".

Since scrolling around the page with my usual overlong posts is awkward, I'm looking for a solution in the whole "click to read more" vein but I don't like nitty details of any one yet. Shall continue pondering.

Labels: ,