5.26.2008

Alsø alsø wik:

And I think that's it for my blogging about "new to me" TV shows, at least for a while. I've actually managed not to see the entirety of the final season to any of the three great HBO dramas, but if I ever blog about those I think I'd want it to be in a more comprehensive capacity, which would at this point require a lot of rewatching as well. (Plus, honestly, I'm not exactly chomping at the bit emotionally to watch them right now.) I generally have less to say about comedies, so even though there are some I'm interested in I doubt I'd write about them, and I've essentially seen most/all the other dramas I was interested in. As a fan of David Milch I suppose I should go back and check out NYPD Blue but it's a big project for another day. Also I'm thinking I want to scale back my Netflix subscription (again) to something that would be suitable for watching movies on a regular basis but not sufficient to let me rip through TV shows the way I like to. I want to get more reading done and spend less time passively sitting at the computer, so cutting down on the whole "I watched eight hours of DVD this weekend!" would be a good start.

Plus I'm thinking about embarking on a project I've had in mind for quite some time now, where I go episode by episode through my favorite TV universe of all, probably the only one I have remotely that much to write about, and just get everything I have in my head by way of response out on paper. It's a long project, and it'll take a *lot* of writing, and it'll probably be of no interest to most of my readership, but I want to spend the time luxuriating in this show, its' spinoff, and some of the extended media, plus it'd be a major flexing of various types of critical muscles.

That's right. Coming soon: Medrawt Blogs Buffy.

Labels: ,