9.09.2009

I Don't Know What I Just Watched

Do you want to watch a film set in Thailand? In Thai?

Do you want to watch a Thai action movie starring a young girl (who's actually in her 20s)?

Do you want to watch a Thai action movie whose main character is an autistic girl who learns how to fight by watching other people learn how to fight, and by - metatextually - watching the prior movies of the director of the film I am right now discussing?

I mean, do you?

I'm actually not sure that you do.

If I told you that during the film's 20-minute action scene denouement the autistic girl - who at this point is a kind of Terminator rag doll of Muay Thai - meets perhaps her most difficult single opponent in the film in the form of a twitchy autistic boy who has also apparently learned some tricky moves by watching lots of movies, would that change your desire to see the film?

And if so, in which direction?

I'm honestly curious.

Labels: