4.11.2009

NOOZLES OH MY FUCKING GOD NOOZLES

NOOZLES

For the last several years I intermittently have tried to remember the name of an animated show I greatly enjoyed as a child. It had something to do with koalas and Australia and children and Uluru/Ayers Rock functioning as a place of great mystical power.

Today the mystery is solved. Today I put the search string "children's animated 'ayers rock'" into Google and I was brought to happiness and joy here, which lead me again to here. (Apparently it aired back to back with another koala-themed show, because the programs were created in Japan which was had recently gone, as seems unsurprisingly likely for the Japanese, absolutely fucking nuts for koalas. It seems quite possible that I have also in part conflated elements of these two programs if they did indeed air consecutively on Nickelodeon.)

NOOZLES

It has to be this; there can only have been one children's program in the late 80s/early 90s that centered on koalas AND ALSO had the mystical properties of Uluru/Ayers Rock as a recurring plot point, right? RIGHT?

And so we come to Youtube. Here. It is important now to observe that absolutely nothing appears to be as I remembered it. The show I remember was much cooler. But it must be this.

It must be, right?

(Noozles?)

Labels: ,